From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Terry Sambrooks
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 7:49 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Stopping DB2

Hi Radoslaw,

As mentioned previously RACF is not used within SDSF at present so the
message issue with the illegal /-DB8G STOP DDF was:

ISF015I SDSF COMMAND ATTEMPTED '-DB8G STOP DDF

I am not saying that the method used is the best method for inhibiting the
illicit use of commands, as I simply do not know.

My system is not a production system but one of the IBM supplied development
systems. In that respect many of the additional command inhibit requirements
you cite are not applicable. The only other method I know that is active is
that JES2 has batch command processing set to ignore to block commands in
the input stream as much as possible.

It would be useful to receive a comment from Walt Farrell in respect of RACF
control of DB2 start/stop processing.

Kind regards - Terry

Terry Sambrooks
Director
KMS-IT Limited
228 Abbeydale Road South
Dore
Sheffield
S17 3LA
UK

Tel: +44 (0)114 262 0933
WEB:
www.legac-e.co.uk
www.kmsitltd.co.uk

Reg: England & Wales 3767263 at the above address

All outgoing E-mails are scanned but it remains the recipients
responsibility to ensure that their system is protected from viruses,
trojans, worms, and spy-ware.

to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the
archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html