There is a plan to add ICF to single system.
Since both MVS and ICF LPARs reside on the same CPC, no ETR is needed, as well as physical channels. ICPs can be used.

Q1. Can I use CF with PLEXCFG=MONOPLEX ?

Next questions assume PLEXCFG=MULTISYSTEM, but number of systems remains 1.
Q2. Do I have to define paths ? Of course I can do it using IXCnnn structure, but see no reason to.

Q3. GRS. I cannot stay with GRS=NONE. However is there any advantage of using STAR mode in such (single system) scenario ?

In fact, I did quick test, IPLed system in MULTISYSTEM mode, with GRS=RING, and no paths defined (because I forgot). I observed noticeable delays. Then I quickly defined ISGLOCK and switched to STAR mode. Delays disappeared, but GRS task CPU consumpion increased.
I must confess: It is shared CPU. Two CF LPARs shared single ICF engine.
The problem with GRS CPU disappeared when I assigned 90% of ICF CPU (was 10%). DYNDISP is off (active wait is on).
Any comments, advices are welcome ?

Regards
--
Radoslaw Skorupka