>Weeeellllllll......  There IS a "Sockets API" for CICS, provided by the TCPIP
>(nka Communications Server for z/OS) product, but you'd have to write your own
>code to exploit it.

So, we do still need a VPS (or cheaper [hopefully]) product.

>But for "display devices" (tubes and printers) CICS speaks mainly 3270
>datastream and SCS datastreams, and communicates with those kinds of devices
>via VTAM.  Now, VTAM speaks to TCPIP when TCPIP speaks tn3270

Yes, I am aware of that.
We have some users using TN3270 to get here from there.

I should have been clearer with my question(s), but I would have thought
talking about VPS would imply PRINT not TERMINAL.

Never ASSuME!

-
-teD

300,000 Kilometres per Second