From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Eric N. Bielefeld
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 2:14 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Using Java in batch on z/OS?

John,

Thanks for the info.  I think its really cool that once you buy an IFL
on
one machine, when you upgrade you don't have to pay for another one.  I
don't think anyone else does that with hardware.  Does that mean then
that
IFLs are so useless that IBM can't even give them away?  That's probably

worded a little too strong.  Its a very strange market.  I keep coming
back
to the same point - why doesn't IBM just cut its prices instead of
making
you jump through hoops to keep your costs down.

I can understand your frustration on having a paid for engine sitting
around, but not being able to use it.  At least you don't have to pay
software costs for it.

In my job search, I have two good leads.  Unfortuneatly, either would
require me to move.  There doesn't seem to be anything in the Milwaukee
market at this time.

Eric Bielefeld
Sr. z/OS Systems Programmer
Milwaukee Wisconsin
414-475-7434

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please

Seeing Beyond Money is a service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]