From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Shane
Sent: 03 June 2006 18:39
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Mainframe Linux Mythbusting (Was: Using Java in batch on z/OS?)

On Sat, 2006-06-03 at 07:23 +0900, Timothy Sipples wrote:

> Mark Zelden writes:
> >No brainer?   How about the staff, time, learning curve, etc.
> >to support an operating system and environment that is
> >new to the shop?
>
> Three points:
> Three more points:

I'm with Mark.
My customers say z/Linux isn't on the horizon. In fact most of them say
mainframe is not in their future.
Those that are (planning) getting off the mainframe are talking M$oft -
*NOT* linux; on any platform.
They *will not* consider a conversion to Linux. No training, no wasted
investment, no interest.
Period.

Having techos (me included) dicking around with Linux on PCs counts for
zero.

Shane ...