I think I've used the same argument, but there is a difference between software and couches. Most software companies come out with new releases and fixes for problems. I don't recall a furniture vendor coming out with a new release of their couch, and then giving it to you.

Eric Bielefeld
Sr. z/OS Systems Programmer
Milwaukee Wisconsin
414-475-7434

----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles Mills" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The MIPS pricing model is terrible - it's just the best model we had. I used
to give the example that you buy a couch for $500. Several years later you
add a new bedroom onto your house - and the furniture store calls you up and
says that now that your house has more square feet, you owe them another
$100 for the couch.

Charles