I have a default OMVS Service Class that is multi-period with IMPS 2, 3
and 4. I get all kinds of spawned stuff and the like that falls into it.
If there is a complaint and it's justified I put the task into a more
rigorously defined SC for Unix tasks. I have the FTP task defined to
STCHI. Every now and again I see some significant CP usage by not for any
extended periods of time.

"McKown, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
06/06/2006 03:11 PM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
WLM classification of UNIX (OMVS) work.

I think that I'm dead on this one. I want to be able to classify OMVS
work based on a number of factors. Mainly I want to classify it by what
function it is doing. Mainly in the catagories of (1) ftp work; (2) UNIX
shell work; (3) other. For some things, such as the HTTPD server, and
other DAEMONs, I classify by the "jobname" and it works well. But we
have complaints when the system goes to 100% that ftp work sometimes
seems to "times out" and that messes their minds in the Windows world.
This is both ftps requested from "production servers" and desktop users.

I don't really want to just assign a high priority to all "unknown" UNIX
work, but I seem to be in a corner.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.