The proper, (and probably cheaper) answer to this problem is to add another
smaller CPU to the mix, if you have only 2 CPUs, CICS can't really take
advantage of all of the processor complex as it could.  It's almost
certainly cheaper to add more engines than to upgrade, unless you have an
older box or got a really bad deal.  Depending on the box, you can pick up
CPU's on the 3rd party market for almost laughably small prices.

In this case, costs should drive your decisions, not misplaced estimates of
capacity.  Do you really have individual CICS tranactions that exceed 50
mips?  Probably not, and it could be just a matter of tuning what you have.
 It always surprises me that a lot of sites think upgrade before tune, (not
that you're one of them), but I realize that IBM is a big proponent of the
upgrade instead of tune philosophy. :)

Brian