In a message dated 6/13/2006 4:23:58 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>There is no limit on the number of device numbers as of z/OS  1.3.
That is good news, but I think the official doc is down-level.   I found the
limit of 256 to which I referred in z/OS V1R6.0 MVS Diagnosis:  Tools and
Service Aids.
IO=SSCH=(DEVCLASS=xxxx,DEVCLASS=xxxx,devnum1[,devnumm....
[,devnum256])

All the  references to maximum number of devices that I could find in the
book  either state explicitly or imply 256.  I tried 272 device numbers on  a
z/OS 01.05.00 HBB7708 system, and it worked.

Bill  Fairchild