DEFINE -
   NONVSAM(-
     NAME(IBMUSER.TRSMAIN) -
     VOLUMES(SMS007C) -
     DEVT(3390)) -
     CATALOG(your choice)

/*

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Through my migration from os390 to zOS I have a couple of datasets on DASD
that are not in a catalog.  When I go to DSLIST and try to catalog it I get
a message saying "Data set not cataloged".  I can't find a message anywhere
explaining WHY it didn't catalog the dataset.  Is there a batch method to
catalog an existing dataset so that I might find an error message?

DSLIST - Data Sets on volume SMS007                     Data set not
cataloged
Command ===>                                                  Scroll ===>
CSR
Command - Enter "/" to select action                  Message
Volume
         IBMUSER.HCD.TRACE
SMS007
C        IBMUSER.TRSMAIN