In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 06/15/2006
   at 04:59 PM, Thomas David Rivers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>I was stumbling around today and found this patent:

Does the disclosures section of the patent mention IEHMOVE? The part
that isn't prior art is obvious to a practitioner, making the whole
thing invalid if challenged in court.

>I know many companies deliver mainframe files this way - have been
>for a long time.  Simply convert your load modules with TSO TRANSMIT
>and plop that on a web site.

Web sites? We don't need no stinking web sites. XMIT will transfer
files across an NJE network without any web sites. This is yet another
symptom of the USPTO issuing patents without any meaningful
examination.

>Just thought that was interesting...

Appalling, but not surprising.