Sooner or later someone is going to realize that problems like this are
not amenable to ouija board analysis.  If they want a solution, they
will have to figure out a way for someone to lay hands on the system.

-----Original Message-----
From: (IBM Mainframe Discussion List) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 2:03 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Track capacity?

In a message dated 6/16/2006 3:55:03 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>After the B37, the data set should be available for review.   Look at
the
>DSCB and see what really is going on (block size, lrecl,  recfm,
>extents, etc).
He said he does not have direct access to the computer, and the
customer's personnel are incredibly busy, meaning they are too busy to
run  jobs for him, I assume.  He could run a IMASPZAP of the first track
and see how many blocks are on the track, if he could run a job, which
he  can't.  Or he could study the B37 dump (if there was a dump) and
maybe  find in the I/O control blocks enough clues to infer the number
of blocks per  track, but in order to peruse a dump he would need direct
access to the  computer, which he doesn't have.