Kevin,

doesn't really answer the original question, but if there are specific
groups (rather than all other users) that need these permissions, you
could get around this using setfacl to set up a file default extended
ACL on the directory.  Then any files created in that directory will
pick up that ACL.

Example:

mkdir dir1
setfacl -m f:g:group1:rwx,f:g:group2:rwx dir1

will give groups group1 and group2 read,write and execute permissions to
any files created in dir1.

RACF class FSEC needs to be enabled for this to work.

-Matthew.