I'm sorry for the following vent of spleen, but I am sufficiently pissed
off to let go with both barrels here, having just spent an hour looking
for yet another IBM web page that has moved. With the old link no longer
valid and no redirection to the new address.

I was looking for the Catalog and VSAM Knowledge Base. I eventually found
it (I think!) albeit under a different name. In case others are also
wondering where this is (beware of folding in the URL)...
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/search.wss?rs=538&tc=SWJ30&dc=DB520+D800+D900+DA900+DA800+DA460+DB300+DB540+DB400&dtm

I can see in the IBM-MAIN archives that I'm not the only one that has
trouble keeping their web links to important pages within IBM current. And
I know plenty of other people who have spent hours looking for essential,
core information web pages that have been moved.

Have you ever tried to find such pages by working through the links on
IBM's pages? There is that much crap there and with the names on the links
providing little insight into what is at the end of the link, as to make
the task just about impossible.

Or have you tried doing a search from within IBM's pages? Every time, you
get pages and pages of links to useless marketing gumpf and not much else.

And have you noticed that the URL's to the IBM pages keep getting longer
and longer? Too bad if you have to type a URL in manually!

It would be nice to hear from somebody in IBM that they are working
towards resolving these issues.

Regards,
Fred Schmidt