Yes, it is the dd command which I am referring to like this -

dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/st0 bs=1M

My concern was that the input and output of 10000+0 was a very round number
and my memory was telling me that what I had seen in the past was something
that looked more like an actual number of records.  Does the 10000+0 look
correct, or am I right to be suspicious.

Jim McAlpine

On 6/27/06, McKown, John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

Ah! Then the only change in interpretion of those messages would be that
the "records" would be 4096 bytes in length instead of 512 bytes in
length. But they do look normal for the "dd" command. I've never seen
"dd" use the word "bytes" instead of "records".

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.