From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Chris Mason
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 7:53 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: LU6.2 vs LU2

Fransiscus,

Charles has here reminded me to mention APPC/MVS which, in turn, has
reminded me I put together a set of files and sample programs in REXX in
order to get someone started in APPC/MVS - probably 12 years or so ago now.
If that could be useful please let me know and I'll "zip" them up for you.
You should get to grips with the manuals I mention below first in order to
be sure you can use some undocumented samples.

Charles,

The VTAM (CS SNA) manuals are all about a very special implementation of LU
6.2 which is a half-way house to a full implementation of the usual APPC API
as found, for example, on PC platforms. I have always rationalised the VTAM
assembler LU 6.2 interface as designed to separate those LU 6.2 functions
which must be performed by the access method from those LU 6.2 functions
which can be implemented in the first application layer on top of the access
method. Thus the full implementation of APPC in MVS - or whatever is the
flavour of the week - is APPC/MVS as documented in the following: