From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Eric Bielefeld
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 6:49 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Curiosity

I went to the Milwaukee Area Technical College and go an Associates
Degree in Business Data Processing in 1978.  To me, that was really a
great program.  They had a JCL class, two Cobol classes, assembler,
PL/1, database, and then the usual stuff like English and basic Math.
It was great preparation for being a programmer.  Matter of fact, just
after I graduated, I was promoted to a junior programmer job after
working at Milwaukee County for 3 years as a computer operator.  After
8 months of that, the tech support manager asked me if I wanted to work
in technical support, so I took that.

I really thing that with a little updating, the curriculem for  the
program I took was fantastic, and still applicable today.  Now, I think
they do teach a Cobol class, but most of the stuff is all PC oriented.
I did take a Cisco Networking set of 4 classes there, but I decided I
didn't want to do Cisco networking.  I was impressed with the quality of
the teaching at MATC for the Cisco classes.

Eric Bielefeld
Sr. Systems Programmer
414-475-7434
Milwaukee, Wisconsin