R.S. --

Yes, the LPARs must be running for the SMF data to be generated and collected. Sometimes, SMF data is lost, especially in 'sandbox' LPARs because managing this data did not matter until the machine starts to use sub-capacity pricing. It was certainly 'standard' practice to loose this SMF data. Now sysprogs everywhere need to learn to retain this data, and still some will be lost. These are 'sandboxes' after all!

Al

Al Sherkow, I/S Management Strategies, Ltd.
Consulting Expertise on Capacity Planning, Performance Tuning,
WLC, LPARs, IRD and LCS Software
Seminars on IBM SW Pricing, LPARs, and IRD
Voice: +1 414 332-3062 Web: www.sherkow.com