Yes, that should work.

The original question just got posed on the CICS-L, with some additional
information that suggested the original way of extracting the
information was to issue an SVC that switched CICS to authorized state,
issued the RACROUTE and (hopefully) returned CICS to unauthorized state.
Apparently something "new" in CICS TS 3.1 "catches" that switch
(sometimes) and abends the program.

I've suggested there that they recode their SVC to issue the RACROUTE
from within the SVC and return the results to the program via the
"normal" return from the SVC.

    -jc-