From: "(IBM Mainframe Discussion List)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 7/17/2006 1:52 PM
To: &quot;IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU&quot; &lt;IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU&gt;
Subject: Re: cross memory assembler program help

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>The OP was not interested in anything about timing.  He wanted  a way to
>look at the ACEE or ASXB for another address  space.
The OOP (original OP) asked about the ACEE and ASXB for another address
space.  I convoluted the threat by spawning a different sub-thread, thus
inadvertently becoming a SOP (subordinate OP) on the subject of CPU  timing.
It
appears from Jim Mulder's comments in another post that if I  use the CPU timer
instead of the TOD clock then I will be able to get accurate  delta time values
when disabled whether I am running under a hypervisor or  not.

Bill  Fairchild

Just remember that the CPU timer decrements and wraps below
zero. When the timer is negative, an external interrupt
is pending. Be sure your calculations take into account positive
and negative CPU timer values.

Jeffrey D. Smith
Farsight Systems Corporation
24 BURLINGTON DR