On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 09:06:28 -0500, John P Kalinich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Ed Finnell wrote...
>>Don't know if you can do it in one command but can do the ONLY
>>trick of ===>ONLY abc pre
>>Then     ===>FIND xyz suf nx all
>
>>Don't remember where ONLY came from, PDS85 commands source or XEPHON.
>Surely
>>it's the medication....
>
>ONLY is probably an Edit macro consisting of EXCLUDE ALL followed by a FIND
>ALL.

ONLY used to be distributed in SYS1.SAMPLIB as a CLIST, but later on a
REXX version came along.  The current REXX distribution is in
hlq.SISPSAMP(ISRONLY).   My version called INCL (taken from the
ROSCOE command) has been around longer. :-)

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group