Give it to me, please.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of George, William (DHS-ITSD)
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 5:19 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: ISPF arbchar

Since seeing this, I put together an edit macro today as I think I could
find this useful too.

Using your example, you'd enter  FM abc*xyz  (FM = Find Mask)
This would find
   123abc987xyz  and  abc123xyz987

The default is that the 'abc' and 'xyz' must be in the same word.
There is a parm that can be added allowing these to be separated by
spaces and/or words on a line.
For example:  "FM abc*xyz STRING"   would find the line
  "123 abc do re me tuvwxyz 987"  to contain the mask.

If interested send me an email and I'll forward it to you.
It contains HELP and some minor error checking on the parameters.

Bill