retrieve
[snip]
>All that being said it could be a 2064-104, 2064-1C4, or a 2064-2C4
>depending on features.  You can use the command
>"D M=CPU" to find your model number.

The ISPVCALL command tells you the number of General Purpose processors
(GCPs) the current LPAR (i.e. z/OS image) has. The machine itself might
have more GCPs being used by other LPARs (z/OS or other operating system
images).

Also there are zAAP and zIIP processors which, while physically
identical
to GCPs, are only being used to execute certain types of "threads" (JAVA
tasks and DB2 SRBs). Those processors do not appear in the model number.

If you have access to RMF, a partition data report will give you more
details about the physical machine.

Peter Hunkeler
CREDIT SUISSE