IIRC, BPAM support for HFS directories is "read-only". If somebody want
to use "legacy" programs to update a "member" of an emulated PDS in an
HFS, then it would fail. So the PDS may still be needed. E.g. using
IEBUPDTE <shudder> or maybe, like me, they have some ISPF "edit macros"
which they run in batch which scan and update members of a given PDS.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.