The test memner are both already at z/OS 1.7. All ISV products have been
installed and tested. We needed to upgrade a few.

Gadi

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Wayne Driscoll
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 1:23 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Upgrading from OS/390 v2.10 to z/OS 1.7

While I haven't done this type of an upgrade, the major issue to consider is
that OS/390 2.10 and z/OS 1.7 cannot coexist in the same SYSPLEX or JES2 spool,
so you will need to ugrade both TEST members the same time, then once
everything is verified, upgrade the production members.  You will also need to
work with all your vendors, as you may have to upgrade many of your ISV
products, some of which may not be able to ensure that the version you are
running will work on z/OS 1.7 and/or if the currently supported version will
run on OS/390 2.10.
Wayne Driscoll
Product Developer
JME Software LLC