Daniel A. McLaughlin wrote:
If we want to reach out to the younger set, aside from college, is there any way to work through user groups and have Info days?

The market seems (my opinion) to be flooded with new A+ and CNA types because high schools are cranking them out. Maybe we could lure some of them from the Dark Side to the light....
That's where I think a "hobbyist" license for z/OS and z/VM would come in handy ... a lot of the high school and college kids that I work with use Linux and Windows because they can have it at home and play/experiment with it ... and they can do this without having to enroll in a class at school to get access to a system. That is a barrier to getting them to even look at something like z/OS.

I know, there is MVS 3.8 and you can run that under Hercules ... but do you really want these young minds to think that is the current state-of-the-art for mainframes? I demonstrated it to my 8th grade son's friends and they were not impressed ...

--Stephen