----- Original Message ----- From: "Szabo, Rich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 12:57 PM
Subject: Strobe equivalents

I'm researching equivalents to Compuware's Strobe.  I've identified
InTune from BMC.  Are there any others?

Rich,

I recently used APA (Application Performance Analyzer) from IBM, and it's a pretty good package. My client drove CA crazy because we proved that IDMS V16.0 local mode was anywhere from 10-30% greater CPU than V14.0 local mode. CA hemmed and hawed before finally fessing up that the CPU was greater. They then gave us the fangoo and said they couldn't do anything about it. APA is terrific if you want to rake your OEM vendors over the coals about performance. Unfortunately my client's trial expired before we could turn it loose on CATALOG....

Regards,
Tom Conley