On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 09:00:56 -0300, Ituriel do Nascimento Neto
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I've always compressed a PROCLIB with IEBCOPY (DISP=SHR) and never had a
>problem.
>But there is another possible solution :
>
>1) Remove PROC00 from JES2 PROC and substitue it by PROCLIB statment in
>JES2PARM
>like sample below
>
>PROCLIB(PROC00) DD(001)=(DSNAME=SYS1.PROCLIB         ),UNCONDITIONAL
>PROCLIB(PROC00) DD(002)=(DSNAME=SYS2.PROCLIB         ),UNCONDITIONAL
>PROCLIB(PROC00) DD(003)=(DSNAME=SYS3.PROCLIB         ),UNCONDITIONAL
>PROCLIB(PROC00) DD(004)=(DSNAME=SYS4.PROCLIB         ),UNCONDITIONAL
>
>2) Let's assume SYS3.PROCLIB gets full. Create another proclib
>(SYSX.PROCLIB)
>and copy SYS3.PROCLIB into it.
>
>3) Substitute SYS3.PROCLIB by SYSX.PROCLIB issueing the command
>$TPROCLIB(PROC00),DD(003)=(DSNAME=SYSX.PROCLIB).
>
>4) Realloc a new SYS3.PROCLIB (or use PDS86 to enlarge it) and copy
>SYSX.PROCLIB
>back.
>
>5) Substitute SYSX.PROCLIB by SYS3.PROCLIB (same command above)

Looks a bit like swapping out a LNKLST lib... but it doesn't have
to be that complicated!

With dynamic proclibs you can compress them (DISP=SHR or OLD is
better since that will stop JCLLIB access) and then just issue
$TPROCLIB(*) or RO *ALL,$TPROCLIB(*) if other systems in the
sysplex share the same proclib.

We do have to compress PROCLIBs occasionally.  The above procedure
is what I have been using since dynamic proclib support and have
never run into a problem.   I have also used it to fix the "compress
problem" when I get calls from another support group that has
compressed their proclib and starts seeing "strange results".

BTW, all our "production" PROCLIBs were swapped out to PDSE long
before dynamic proclib support to avoid these compress issues.
These PROCLIBs were constantly updated and needed to be compressed
on a regular basis.

One other note... if you compress a PROCLIB allocated to *MASTER*
(MSTJCLxx) and a proc is started with SUB=MSTR, you're SOL until
you IPL if you run into "strange results".  There is no refresh trick.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group