From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bruce Black
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2006 9:26 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: WHY IS JCL ALLERGIC TO LOWER CASE?

> ISNT IT TRUE THAT IN THE BEGINNING THERE WAS ONLY UPPER CASE ?
Just in case you are serious:  my S/360 green card (undated) shows upper

and lower EBCDIC values.  But early 3270s only supported upper case, and

I vaguely remember that 026 keypunches didn't have lower case either (I
think that came with the 029 keypunch).   So us oldtimers rarely saw
lower case in the "good old" days.

--
Bruce A. Black
Senior Software Developer for FDR