On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 09:43:52 -0500, Patrick O'Keefe
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>Products have either configuration files or startup parms that point to
>>the directory for the product. ...
>
>Aha!  So that is standard practice in IBM program products?
>NetView does not have this for at least one Unix fuction.  When I
>complained about that during the ESP I was given the packaging rules as
>justification for not providing an override.

Well, this issue just got changed to a great big "Never mind!".
In an offline communication (Thank you, Mark!) I was informed that NetView
has an initialization parm to override the /usr/lpp/... path.  The info
I was given during a year ago during the ESP and again earlier this week
was flat out wrong.

IBM's NetView folks usually know their product very well.  This laps is
very out of character.  I'm a bit irritated that I believed the
misstatement.  I would have install the new release many months ago had
I known this.

Pat O'Keefe