-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Michael Knigge
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 7:09 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: How to Submit and monitor a Job?

<snip>
But I guess in the near future I need more: is it running, which step
and
how it ended/abended.

I could use the internal reader, but the problem is that I don't get
back
the Jobid of the job and so I can't check (even not by looking into
SDSF) if
the submitted job has started.....
<snip>

You could send messages to yourself via the job itself. This is the
poor-man's notification system. You can FTP a message, or use the
messaging features. It all depends on how the two systems are
configured, and what software you already have running between them.

In the JCL you can use COND or IF/THEN/ELSE to let you know if the job
ABENDED.

Later,
Steve Thompson