SNIP

  Yep yep yep.  We're looking to move from z900s to z9s, with a small MSU
increase, big increase in real, and, IBM-wise, we'll save $600k.  Bloody
brilliant.  I'm in love.  Add in SoftwareAG, and the savings is gone, and
then some.  It is extremely discouraging.  We've had several people
volunteer their time to rid ourselves of this albatross.

End_of_SNIP

  Yep, the constant barrage of increases every time we bump up our
processors to keep up with demand is hurting the ISVs, as well as us.
Funny thing about it, though, are the costs that are associated with other
platforms. Last week 11 PALLETS of old PCs and servers and such went to
salvage, and that wasn't even all of it!

Vendors: heed the call; help us contain costs so we have something to run
your software on!

Daniel McLaughlin
ZOS Systems Programmer
Crawford & Company
PH: 770 621 3256
*
Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your
ground, and later, win a little more."
? Louis L'Amour