In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 08/08/2006
   at 11:41 AM, Tom Marchant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>I'd hope so too, but some vendors consistently do it wrong.

Back in  the 1980's the JES2 folks also did it consistently wrong.

>Now there's a statement that I think is "a bit out there."

How about rewording it to

     So there are lots of things that vendors have to take into
     consideration, and the biggest one today are the people calling
     themselves Sr. Systems Programmers who don't know what a
     USERMOD is or a JES exit.

I'd like to say that Steve is exaggerating, but I've seen too many of
the people he's referring to.