From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Joe jeffries
Sent: 09 August 2006 22:34
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: RMF Mentor required

Shane/Kees,

I'm aware of PAV's/Multiple allegiances etc. and I've read up on what the
ESS can and can't do (it can't cope with XRC device blocking anywhere near
as well as the HDS's for example). As far as I can see, the new boxes do a
lot of the tuning for you but from what I read, it starts to struggle when
over 90% allocated? I would still prefer to have a system in place for
checking in the event of problems. Surely the ESS can't move 2 busy
datasets apart (or is it that clever)? We're already using PAV's and as
such I see an end to IOSQ time, that still leaves 3 components to monitor?

As for the nightly, well, I sort of see this as I do my day, ask my
questions when i get stuck, mentor has 6 days to reply so it doesn't matter
where/what time in the world?

Glenmorangie is an ISLAY if i'm not mistaken.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnn donuts

PS. Kees, did you used to work at Die Telegraf back in the late 80's  early
90's ? (i'm sure i remember that name (vornooy not kees lol)) - mach ik die
reckoning aus du blieft?

Regards,

JJ