Pat,
Yes, the new links are allocated by XCF (Pathin/Pathout) and COMMSERV
(CTC;s). I did a dynamic PATHIN/PATHOUT add for the Sysplex links. Will
need to update PARMLIB to make them permanent.
It just seems I need to tap COMMSERV on the shoulder to use the new
links..but not sure how.  I can not bounce COMMSERV because its
production. .. And of course, no test time before we go live.

Mentioned in another response to Listserv.. We are a combination of
SUBAREA and APPN.
Thanks,
gabe

-

That means PATHIN / PATHOUT defs in a COUPLE member?

Assuming you've picked addresses for VTAM that are actually under the
same CU as your XCF links (not just conveniently close addresses) there
is no reason it should not work.  Does a D U,.. show the device addrs
online?  Allocated to VTAM?

Of course there is an easier technique if your VTAMs are APPN nodes.
Set XCFINIT=YES in VTAM and the VTAM s will automatically set up cross-
domain connections using the XCF signalling that already exists.  Such
things are MUCH easier if you migrate from subarea to APPN.  Very
different, but easier.

Pat O'Keefe

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html