Hi all,

My question is concerning JCL output statement and external writer's.  I
wrote  an external writer and it works great only if the job that I submit
does not fail with a JCL error.  For some reason the external writer does
not get the JES system output files when the job fails with a JCL error.
The test job that I submit looks like this:

//MYJOB2  JOB (P390),NOTIFY=P390,MSGLEVEL=(1,1),CLASS=A,
//  MSGCLASS=A
//OUTPUT OUTPUT JESDS=ALL,WRITER=TESTWTR1,DEFAULT=YES
//S010 EXEC PGM=IEFBR14
// ADFSA SADF SFDA
//

Notice that the 5th line contains an invalid jcl statement.  When I submit
the job of course it fails, but the jes spool files do not get routed to the
external writer program, they seem to be held by JES (I think).  I read that
the jcl output statements only get evaluated if there is no JCL errors or
TYPRUN=(SCAN,HOLD) is not specified.  How can I force JES to route the
output to the external writer regardless of the failure?  Thanks inadvance
for any help!