Forwarded for a colleague while I rummage around on IBMLink....

________________________________

        I'm really seriously beginning to think we're missing some
maintenance or something on z/OS 1.5.

        Each time I write an IOCDS using HCD from the cold start TECH
system to the IOCDS on the 2096, the job runs successfully and says that
that IOCDS was updated, but when I look at it on the HMC, it says it is
empty.  I have to disassemble it on the HMC using an active partition
and rebuild it.

        When I activate that IOCDS, it activates successfully.

        When I try to IPL the TECH image, it fails because of a problem
with the channel subsystem.

        I'm doing this so I can get the zSeries hardware tokens in the
IODF so we can make hardware/software changes dynamically, which we'll
need to do to do the EDT updates.

        I've redone both IOCPs on the  [old]  system, downloaded them to
a diskette, imported them and now I am doing a power on reset of both
mainframes with the newly loaded stand-alone IOCP configurations.

        If someone can poke around a bit to see if we get any hits on
the symptoms above, it would at least ease my mind that I am not going
more crazy.

    -jc-