thanks richards
I will try....

----- 轉呈者 Tsui Yuk Kai/Production Mgt Div/Information Technology
Dept/BOCHK/BOCG 於 2006/08/16 下午 02:58 -----

             "Richards.Bob"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             TRUST.COM>                                             收件人
             寄件人: IBM              IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
             Mainframe                                            副本抄送
             Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                        主旨
             .EDU>                     Re: Why HSM does not migrate to
                                       primary?

             2006/08/15 下午
             06:38

                 請回信 給
               IBM Mainframe
              Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   .EDU>

Unless you command migrate it, I think the answer is yes.

Look at the management class list and see what you set the value of PARTIAL
RELEASE to. This controls whether or not space is released on CLOSE.

Your final statements are wrong. 60 means it will not auto migrate until
the volume gets to 60% full. Then, once migration starts, it will migrate
all datasets off of that volume until it is only 10% ALLOCATED. That means
you will end up with a volume with 90% free space and I do not think that
is what you want. Try values like 70 and 60, or 90 and 70.

Bob Richards