From: McKown, John [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2006 3:12 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: RES: JES2 SPOOLDEF

Hum, I am aware of the limit. However, HASPACE is not really a
multi-volume dataset. It is a "thing" which is composed of multiple
datasets with the same name which reside on separate volumes. But that
is not the same. I don't know how JES2 does its OPEN on the HASPACE
datasets. But if it opens each volume as a separate dataset, then the 59
volume limit does not apply.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html