In a recent note, Binyamin Dissen said:

> Date:         Sun, 20 Aug 2006 12:28:43 -0400
>
> On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 09:54:17 -0500 Rick Fochtman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> :>You can also use QSAM GETs to read the directory. And if you specify a
> KEYLEN=8
> , you can see the key of each block, so you can stop
> :>before hitting the actual end of the directory. The block with a key of
> X'FFFFF
> FFFFFFFFFFF' is the last block used.
>
> QSAM does not allow access to the key.
>
> BSAM does.

IIRC (from long ago -- I haven't dusted off the code) there's also a
member entry with the same HIGH VALUES name, so there's no need to
read the keys.  In fact, doesn't one need to check for that value in
order to process residual members in that incomplete final block?

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL