I would say that you should be able to install and convert a test LPAR in a
week or two if you don't have any of the JES2 exit conversion issues or
something like that.  We have a log of fairly closely integrated software
for our size shop, so it takes us longer.  Probably 2-3 weeks of work, but
interspersed with some intensive head scratching.  Of course, we always get
pulled into the latest crisis or can't do anything due to production
schedules.

Your test time would vary, anywhere from none to user check-off and
acceptance.

Once you get it going in test, it should take about week of conversion prep,
maybe a weekend to "hot test" production, then the real conversion the next
weekend.  It only took me a few days to get our test LPAR converted after
the sandbox was well in place.

Of course, then I discovered that we didn't get a Cobol compiler, ours had
went out of support, so I'm waiting on that product to get ordered before I
move on with testing.

Our biggest issues were the JES exits, new versions of IOF, Vanguard
Administrator, CA-MIM, ThruPut Manager and probably more.  Some will get
moved to production on 1.4 before we convert to 1.7.

I plan for 6 months for a new OS migration.

---