is the default.

Date: Sort by the date and time of the message, in ascending order.

Date/Time, desc.: Sort by the date and time of the message, in
descending order.

Lines, desc.: Sort by the length of the message, largest to smallest.

Subject: Sort by the subject line, in ascending order.

Subject, desc.: Sort by the subject line, in descending order.

List name: Sort by the name of the list, in ascending order.

List name, desc.: Sort by the name of the list, in descending order.

If that doesn't provide what you need, you can go to groups.google.com
and search there.  There are several sort options available.

Don Imbriale

Behalf