> Yes, serialization is a must and the lock is the fastest path that I
need.
> FRR is in place and I don't want to use anything higher than CMS
unless I
> have to. I also know that the CMSSMF and CMSEQDQ are in same level as
CMS.
> I may be also in need of using MVS service that requires CMS lock.

All of the CMS locks are at the same logical level in the lock hierarchy
and you can only hold one CMS lock at a time, but they really are
different locks and they serialize different resources. Choose
carefully.

Also, if you're setting an FRR prior to obtaining the lock, you may want
to check out the EUT option. That will allow you to set (and keep!) an
FRR in cases that otherwise might result in loss of the FRR. Otherwise
you would need to be locked, disabled or in SRB mode.

BTW> What MVS service do you want to use that needs (any) CMS lock?

CC