On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 14:27:07 -0500, David Day wrote:

>    I'm developing some code on a Flex-es machine and would like to try to
see how the code will work in a real environment.  ...snippage...
>The Flex system has the ability to delay the I/O that it delivers to MVS.
> I would like to set these delay values to something that more resembles
>actual I/O response times.  If someone can give me some values to plug in,
>I'd appreciate it.  3390's, with and without a caching controller.  I know
>the values vary with cached controllers and hit ratios. I'm interested in
>the response time RMF reports when the data is found in the cache.

Does anyone (outside of military, FAA, or the Smithsonian) have 3390 disk
without cache these days?  I know that I haven't seen one in probably 10
years.

If so, do you have a parts supply still available or are the disks on
the "if it dies, it dies" philosophy?

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI