Somewhere I remember something like this being done. But my research has note produced a workable answer.

I am looking to run an inline proc that will insert the rundate from the System into a data set name in a JES2 environment. Generation data sets will not work for this situation. I am thinking it ought to look something like this:

//MYPROC      PROC
.
.
//           DD  DISP=(,CATLG,DELETE),DSN=HLQ1.HLQ2.&MYDATE..FIELDB
.
.
//            PEND
//STEP   EXEC MYPROC,MYDATE=&SYSDATE

This does not work. If anyone can tell me how to correct this, I would appreciate your input.