-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of John R. Ehrman (408-463-3543 T/543-)
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 7:34 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: HLASM Macro Call Question

There's no need to do your own parsing -- as Steve Smith (I think
it was) suggested, check the AINSERT statement: it was designed
for exactly this kind of situation.

Also, the NOCOMPAT(SYSLIST) option sometimes helps for substituted
operands that are a list (like (A,B,C)), but won't help for operands
like A,B,C -- which seems to be your situation.
John Ehrman
(Apologies for the tardy answer -- away for a couple of days.)
<snip>