Date:         Wed, 30 Aug 2006 08:52:19 -0600

<snip>
Subject:      Re: 19,000 Accounts Compromised

<snip>

that has been posted to bit.listserv.ibm-main as well.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Staller, Allan) writes:
> SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Hackers broke into one of AT&T Inc.'s computer
> networks and stole credit card data and other personal information from
> several thousand customers who shopped at the telecommunication giant's
> online store.

recent posts discussing various aspects of the threat model and countermeasures
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/aadsm25.htm#13 Sarbanes-Oxley is what you get when
you don't do FC
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/aadsm25.htm#20 Identity v. anonymity -- that is not
the question
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/aadsm25.htm#21 Identity v. anonymity -- that is not
the question
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2006p.html#8 SSL, Apache 2 and RSA key sizes
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2006p.html#9 New airline security measures in Europe
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2006p.html#13 What part of z/OS is the OS?

and of course the old standby posting ... security proportional to risk
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001h.html#61

and a few other news URLs from this morning:

<snip_to_end>