From: "Anuradha V" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
To: <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, 31 August, 2006 2:39 AM
Subject: VTAM not connecting to ISTMNPS

Hi All,

I am trying to implement MNPS in our environment.
ISTMNPS is unavailable for the VTAM to connect. I am wondering why...

Hope I have done things that I should do.

-D NET,VTAMOPTS
STRMNPS  = ISTMNPS

ISTMNPS CFRM structure details are as follows.
-D XCF,STR,STRNAME=ISTMNPS
 IXC360I  19.42.23  DISPLAY XCF 084
 STRNAME: ISTMNPS
  STATUS: NOT ALLOCATED
  POLICY INFORMATION:
   POLICY SIZE    : 25600 K
   POLICY INITSIZE: 12288 K
   POLICY MINSIZE : 0 K
   FULLTHRESHOLD  : 80
   ALLOWAUTOALT   : NO
   REBUILD PERCENT: 30
   DUPLEX         : DISABLED
   PREFERENCE LIST: ICF11    ICF21
   ENFORCEORDER   : NO
   EXCLUSION LIST IS EMPTY

I view the structures connected to VTAM and find only ISTGENERIC.

-DISPLAY
NET,STATS,TYPE=CFS
 IST097I FSNDS DISPLAY
ACCEPTED
 IST350I FSNDS DISPLAY TYPE =
STATS,TYPE=CFS
 IST1370I FSNDS NETB.CDRMDOS IS CONNECTED TO STRUCTURE
ISTGENERIC
 IST1797I FSNLS STRUCTURE TYPE =
LIST
 IST1517I FSNLS LIST HEADERS = 4 - LOCK HEADERS =
4
 IST1373I FSNLS STORAGE ELEMENT SIZE =
1024
 IST924I FSNLS --------------------------------------------------------

 IST1374I FSNLS                            CURRENT     MAXIMUM
PERCENT
 IST1375I FSNLS STRUCTURE SIZE              18432K      18432K
*NA*
 IST1376I FSNLS STORAGE ELEMENTS                 1        1220
0
 IST1377I FSNLS LIST ENTRIES                     4       61045
0
 IST314I FSNDS
END

>From the IBM redbook, “Parallel Sysplex Operational Scenarios”:
If VTAM fails to reconnect to a structure, you can manually connect VTAM to
a structure by issuing the following command.
V NET,CFS,ACTION=CONNECT,STRNAME=strname

-V NET,CFS,ACTION=CONNECT,STRNAME=ISTMNPS
 IST097I NOCVC VARY ACCEPTED

When I try to view the structures connected to VTAM, I still don’t find
ISTMNPS. Is there anything that I am doing wrong…

When I try to disconnect VTAM from ISTMNPS, I get the following:
-V NET,CFS,ACTION=DISCONNECT,STRNAME=ISTMNPS
 IST097I NOCVC VARY ACCEPTED
 IST1709I FSUDC VARY CFS FAILED - NOT CONNECTED TO ISTMNPS

ISTMNPS is unavailable for the VTAM.
-D NET,STATS,TYPE=CFS,STRNAME=ISTMNPS
 IST097I FSNDS DISPLAY ACCEPTED
 IST350I FSNDS DISPLAY TYPE = STATS,TYPE=CFS
 IST1367I FSNDS COUPLING FACILITY STRUCTURE ISTMNPS NOT AVAILABLE
 IST1368I FSNDS CONNECTION IS PENDING
 IST314I FSNDS END

VTAM logs show no error corresponding to the CONNECT/DISCONNECT that I did.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Anu