From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of John S. Giltner, Jr.
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 5:44 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Converting data into Unicode

Does not matter.  If the ftp software (either the client or the server)
on the HP-UX box does not support it, it won't work.

Both the client and server must support the data stream that is being
transfered.  When you an ASCII file transfer this tells both the server
and client that the data will be in "virtual telnet ASCII".  When you do
binary, this tells both sides that the data will be in a 'stream of bits'.

If you say UCs2 then both sides know that the data will be un Unicode
format.  If the boths sides don't support this, it won't work.