From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ted MacNEIL
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 3:23 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: COBOL/VS and COBOL/II under 1.7

Our service provider's support team is now (last minute) is telling us
that COBOL/VS and COBOL/II programmes will not run under z/OS 1.7.

We are on Enterprise COBOL, ourselves, but (as with many shops) we have
a mixture of code from aeons ago.
Only about a third of our code gets re-compiled each year. And, it's
always the same third.

Does this sound as bogus to you as it does to me?
With IBM's compatibility for old programmes, this should not be an
issue.

If it's true where is it documented?